Bienvenu(e)! Identification Créer un nouveau profil

Recherche avancée

Silver grain classics

Envoyé par franville 
Silver grain classics
dimanche 11 avril 2021 07:38:28
Bjr
[silvergrainclassics.com]

Qqun connait et peut parler de la lecture de ses pages?

A +
franville

[www.flickr.com]
[www.flickr.com]?
[lesmotsdargent.wordpress.com]
Re: Silver grain classics
dimanche 11 avril 2021 10:21:29
L'article sur Helmut Newton et Yva est lisible ici :
[silvergrainclassics.com]
dimanche 11 avril 2021 13:53:38
Citation

Dancing on the Volcano
By Charys Schuler

When theeditorial team at SGC started to cconsider an article about Helmut Newton
for his centennal year, I felt conflicted.
As a writter, what could I hope to say about Newton that hasn't already been said ?
And as a woman, did I really feel like examining his images deeply enough to write about them in a meaningful way? Should I perhaps pass on this one ?

Having decided to at least give it a try, I did some initial research and revisited many images that I knew, and some I didn't know or had forgotten. My ambivalent feelings intensified. Newton was undeniably a great artist, and I believe that the thruly loved woman _ he was famously devoted o and dependant on his wife, June end found endless inspiration in both the shapes and the personalities of the women who posed for him. His photography and a huge influence on what society of the 1970s and 1980s thought of as attractive in a woman. Having been a female child and teenager during that period, I absorbed these ideas and expectations of feminine allure unconsciously. They had nothing to do with kindness, intelligence, or erudition.

His famous models loved him and often enjoyed and/or shared his sense of humor and love of provocative images. The woman in Newton's photos were often bold and in control, such as his famous Big Nudes, powerful in their sexuality, but these women are erotic and powerful because they are perfectly formed. Women who had "big personalities" but didn't fit his idea of beauty were a large part of Newton's body of work and he did stunning portraits of them that I admire. But those women were not portrayed as attractive.

The separation of attractive women from unattractive ones based solely on physical attributes is at the heart of my discomfort.
That having been said, I love his Big Nudes, and thaugh along with some of his crudest visual jokes. (Yes, I am thinking about the chicken, here). But my thoughts were all shades of gray and didn't give me the basis of an article I whould be happy to publish.

Then a detail caught my attention. As a teenager, Helmut apprenticed whith Yva at her studio in Berlin, from 1936-38. I associate Newton whith the period(s) starting around 1960 in which he created his most famous images; for me, that makes him a modern contemporary photographer imaging him living in the same period as Edward Weston, admitst the decadence of Marlene Dietrich's Berlin of the Weimar Republic was a bit a shock. It's true that the fled Germany when only 18 years old, but as I mention above man of our instinctive likes, dislikes, and expectations are formed as children and teens. And who was this photographer, Yva, who is almost always mentioned in biographies of Newton, but only briefly?

Finding infoemation about Berlin in its glamourous heyday isn't difficult. There have been many books written about the period, and even a current popular TV series, Babylon Berlin, set in it. There are a few good boos featuring the photography of the era, all of which contain at least a few of Yva's images. But when looking for serious literature on Yva, I found only two books, neither of which was in print, and a series of brief outlines of her life, each of whitch contained the same bare facts if she was important enough to be mentioned in amlost every summary of Newton's life, why wasn't more known about her ?

The answer should have been immediately apparent in 1938, Helmut Newton fled Germany. Yva stayed and was killed four years later in a concentration camp.

La traduction de l'article est lisible ici :
[www.deepl.com]
dimanche 11 avril 2021 14:41:37
Merci, cependant seules les 10 premières lignes sont traduites.

Toujours sous la tutelle de Silver grain et en rapport la situation de Kodak (évoquée dans un post voisin), voici quelques mots d'un responsable Kodak, Andrew Church, à la 28ème mn, dans une visioconférence :

[www.youtube.com]

Retard et raréfaction des produits Kodak suite à la pandémie et 1 ou 2 surprises (anciens films produits à nouveau) à venir pour résumer.

Christoph Maurlingus commente ses photos durant la même réunion, à la 17ème minute
Il interroge Church à la 43ème mn sur l'état des forces de Kodak pour continuer une production de qualité et d'amélioration. M. Kodak mentionne ses souhaits optimistes de Renaissance de la photographie argentique.

Zoom zoom, bla bla bla ....
dimanche 11 avril 2021 15:40:12
pils écrivait:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Merci, cependant seules les 10 premières lignes
> sont traduites.

Le logiciel de traduction gratuite n'a pas accepté de montrer un lien internet contenant tout le texte, ce lien serait plus encombrant que le texte seul) alors je vous ai donné la possibilité de traduire l'ensemble par copier-coller de ce texte par vous-même dans le lien de traduction incorporé au message.
C'est pourquoi j'ai affiché la citation du texte complet dans un encart au dessus.

Bon dimanche.
dimanche 11 avril 2021 16:06:18
Luc Peiffer écrivait:
> pils écrivait:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Merci, cependant seules les 10 premières
> lignes
> > sont traduites.
>
> Le logiciel de traduction gratuite n'a pas
> accepté de montrer un lien internet contenant
> tout le texte, ce lien serait plus encombrant que
> le texte seul) alors je vous ai donné la
> possibilité de traduire l'ensemble par
> copier-coller de ce texte par vous-même dans le
> lien de traduction incorporé au message.
> C'est pourquoi j'ai affiché la citation du texte
> complet dans un encart au dessus.
>
> Bon dimanche.

Putaing con, c'est dingue !!!

Modifié 1 fois. Dernière modification le 11/04/21 16:06 par Nestor Burma.
dimanche 11 avril 2021 16:28:25
Nestor Burma écrivait:
> Luc Peiffer écrivait:
> -----
> > pils écrivait:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Merci, cependant seules les 10 premières
> > lignes
> > > sont traduites.
> >
> > Le logiciel de traduction gratuite n'a pas
> > accepté de montrer un lien internet contenant
> > tout le texte, ce lien serait plus encombrant
> que
> > le texte seul) alors je vous ai donné la
> > possibilité de traduire l'ensemble par
> > copier-coller de ce texte par vous-même dans
> le
> > lien de traduction incorporé au message.
> > C'est pourquoi j'ai affiché la citation du
> texte
> > complet dans un encart au dessus.
> >
> > Bon dimanche.
>
> Putaing con, c'est dingue !!!

Modifié 1 fois. Dernière modification le 11/04/21 16:06 par Nestor Burma.

Maintenant c'est clair
[lyricstranslate.com]
[www.youtube.com]

En prime
[www.youtube.com]
Seuls les utilisateurs enregistrés peuvent poster des messages dans ce forum.

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter