Issu du forum largeformatphotography : Printer Robin Bell interview and at work in the darkroom
Bienvenu(e)! Identification Créer un nouveau profil

Recherche avancée

Issu du forum largeformatphotography : Printer Robin Bell interview and at work in the darkroom

Envoyé par JyL 
samedi 29 janvier 2022 09:42:42
Here is a wonderful interview with a top B&W darkroom printer, Robin Bell. In addition, the second link goes to a Photography Online (YouTube channel) show from last year that includes 3 relevant segments: excerpts from the same interview; an 11-minute segment further on that shows Bell making a print from a photojournalist's negative -- no cards for burning, only his hands, and no timer! He makes an 11x14 that he's pleased with on the second try. Not too shabby. (He has a book of images he printed, but $$.) Finally, a segment with the photographer who made the image, speaking about the circumstances of making the photograph, which fills out the picture, so to speak.

I think the printing demo will encourage and inspire many new to the darkroom, and as one less new (I started in 1968), I still found it intriguingly elegant, while recognizing that not every negative is made to behave nearly so easily.

[www.youtube.com]
(There's also a link to his website here.)

See him in action printing the taxi driver here - [www.youtube.com]
Merci Jyl pour les petits secrets de la chambre noire
Merci Jean-Yves pour ces adresses avec quelques bonnes séquences.. Je n'ai pas vu de secrets. Il y a surtout une confirmation des convictions d' artisant -artiste .
Pour faire un bon tirage ,il faut du métier c'est à dire du travail , et en premier lieu savoir ce que l'on veut , puis savoir lire la projection du négatif sur le plateau de l'agrandisseur...etc...
C'est un travail où le temps ne compte pas , du moins pour l'amateur ( que nous sommes nombreux ici ) qui n'a pas à traiter 200 films ou faire 40 tirages sur papier baryté en 2 heures.
Seuls les utilisateurs enregistrés peuvent poster des messages dans ce forum.

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter